Sunday, February 12, 2006

What an amazing and beautiful night. I don't think words will be able to do it justice, but I'm going to try anyway. I can't stop watching the snow blanket my world, it's almost as if mother earth was putting her child to sleep. Yeah, it's a silly metaphor but I can't stop thinking about how gorgeous it looks outside. Even as I drove home and felt my tires lose traction, all I could think about was perfect the night looked. Maybe that just shows that beauty is inherently dangerous.

Snow is a strange phenomenon, at least in my eyes. I can't think of anything else that can simultaneously freeze time, yet still be moving forward. It both weighs down the world and lifts it up. It softens the light and brightens the night. It is the perfect contradiction.

Right now, I feel like a kid who just discovered his first love and has locked himself away in his room and is trying to find a way to express all the beauty and joy in his heart. I'm sure I'll look back at this entry and find it idealist, childish and a little corny, but sometimes you just have to be that way. Sometimes you just have to let the child in you out. If this past week has taught me anything, it's that there are times that you just have to let your heart speak for you.

No comments: